Beef and Potato Boats

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. onion
1/4 c. bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c. celery, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
8 oz tomato sauce
4 baked potatoes
1 c. cheese, shredded

Brown beef, onion, bell pepper and celery in skillet. Add seasoning and tomato sauce. Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out and save shell. Mash potatoes and combine with meat mixture. Fill shells and place in pan. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 15 min. at 400 degrees.

1 comment:

Little Cook said...

I did this without mashing the potatoes as I thought it would look more appetizing...I just scooped out the insides of the potatoes in large pieces, then diced them.

I seasoned it with Italian seasoning, and thought it was fairly good, but I don't think I will do that again.

What I want to do is make a white sauce, and do sausage in it instead of ground beef. I would dice the potatoes again, and would leave out the celery, tomato sauce and cheese - I think that would make it taste like biscuits and gravy...I'll let you know when I do that and how it tastes.