Asian Fish in a Packet
~Moosewood Cookbook
2, 5-6 ounce firm fish fillets or steaks(I used rockfish)
1 cup cooked rice
2 cups chopped mustard greens or bokchoy
2 scallions, chopped
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil(I used roasted sesame oil)
Chili Flakes or Chili Oil if you would like some spice!
Take two 12x24-inch sheets of foil, fold each sheet over to make a double thick square. Brush a little oil in the center of each square.
Spread half of the rice on the center of each foil square ad the layer the greens, fish and scallions on top of the rice. In a small bowl, combine the oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili oil(if using it). Pour half of the sauce over each serving. Fold the foil into airtight packets. Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
I made these this morning before I left for work, and it was so nice to have such a quick delicious dinner a half hour after I walked in the door!
1 comment:
Thanks for that quick & easy recipe! I am sure it would be very delicious with other kinds of meat as well.
It must be fun being the sole cook/meal planner. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment