Note:
This is a word for word recipe that my 93 yr old grandpa wrote in my recipe book. Enjoy:) And, just in case you're wondering, my family is not austrian:)Austrian Goulash
"I have many recipes for this and generally use what ever is available. You can't go wrong. We have had it in many restaurants in Europe, always good.
The essentials are paprika and carroway seeds.
Either potatoes or pasta or both are good. I always start with a 2 pound roast and cut it up to 1" to 1 1/2" cubes. BROWN FIRST.
Use plenty of onions, somthing less than the meat. Always brown the onions.
I can't do without a green pepper.
Either beef broth or just water or a mixture of the two do very well and salt is up to you... I use 2 teaspoons.
Paprika comes hot or sweet. The hot can get pretty warm so I like to mix.
Potatoes or pasta should be added the last 20 minutes.
You're a big girl now and an american citizen and don't let anybody tell you you made a bad goulash soup!
For good goulash omit the liquid
Salt to your taste.
Love you, Grandpa Ray"
1 comment:
Thank you for that very special addition, Mrs. Ericson....I like calling you that by the way :)
And thank you for joining. Love you! S.
Post a Comment